Scholarships for Malaysia
Scholarships for Malaysian Students
The University of Newcastle’s Faculty of Engineering and Built Environment in collaboration with NIC.
Up to AUD 55,000 (~MYR 171,300) worth of scholarships will be awarded to top performing UEC students from selected schools in Malaysia. Each student will be awarded up to AUD 5,500 (~MYR 17,130) towards their studies at NIC and the University of Newcastle.
|Eligibility criteria||Successful completion of UEC with a minimum B average
English requirement of IELTS 6.0 (with no band less than 5.5)
|Commencement dates available at NIC||Trimester 1 – February 2018|
|Deadline for applicants to accept packaged offers:||31 January 2018 (for February 2018 commencement)|
Your application will be assessed and if the requirements have been met, the scholarship details will be included with your Offer Letter.
Conditions for the Scholarship
- Students must be enrolled in the Diploma of Engineering leading to Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) through a packaged enrolment.
- Eligibility of the scholarship applies to the following programs (packaged with an NIC Diploma of Engineering):
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) (Civil)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) (Computer Systems)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) (Electrical and Electronic)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) (Mechanical)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) (Mechatronics)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) (Surveying)
- This scholarship is open to UEC students from both West and East Malaysia
- 2016 and 2017 UEC graduates are all eligible to apply.
- Students must meet the outlined academic and minimum English language requirements with an overall IELTS score of 6.0 (with no band less than 5.5). Students who are looking to study an English language course prior will not be eligible for the scholarship.
- Students must be able to commence studies in the NIC Diploma of Engineering by February 2018. Deferments will not be accepted.
- Students will be awarded the scholarship in two instalments: AUD 2,500 awarded in the first term of study in the NIC Diploma of Engineering, and the remaining AUD 3,000 awarded in the first semester’s enrolment at the University of Newcastle. Students will be required to achieve a credit average (mark of 65% and above) to be awarded the remaining component of the scholarship.
- Apply through the NIC website
- Approach one of the following NIC-authorised representatives outlined below to assist with your application:
Market Management Services Sdn Bhd- Kuching
No. 32, 1st Floor, Blok E
Jalan Tunku Abdul Rahman, Taman Sri Sarawak Bkt Permata
93100 Kuching, Malaysia
Tel: +60 82 246 795
Interstudy Education Consultants Sdn. Bhd. – Penang
56-B, Ground Floor, Perak Plaza
Jalan Perak, 10150 Penang
Tel: 04 - 227 2989
Interstudy Education Consultants Sdn. Bhd.- Kuala Lumpur
M-10, Mezzanine Floor, Wisma UOA II
No.21, Jalan Pinang,50450 Kuala Lumpur
Tel : Tel: 03 – 2166 2989