Orientation is where it all begins. Starting tertiary studies is a big step, especially in a new country. NIC's orientation is designed to prepare you for what's to come. Don't miss it!
What will happen at orientation?
NIC organises a series of activities and programs to help you transition into your new study environment. At orientation, you will:
- Enrol in your classes
- Receive your orientation pack, timetable, and University of Newcastle student ID card
- Meet the NIC staff, student mentors, and new friends
- Learn about the range of services and facilities available to you as a student
- Tour the campus and get to know Newcastle
- Attend information sessions about accommodation, employment, safety, health, and computer skills
What do I need to bring?
Make sure you have the following:
- NIC Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) & copy of student visa
- Address and phone number in Australia
- Pen and paper
When is orientation?
NIC will send you specific details for your orientation when they are finalised. Dates are listed as below: