Did you know? Current NIC students volunteer to help welcome new students at each orientation! They can help you with your transition to life in Newcastle.
Orientation is the beginning of your journey at NIC. Orientation is one of the most important experiences you will have as a student. It is where you will meet the people who will become your friends in Australia and the people who will help you to transition to life at NIC.
At orientation, you will receive important information about your studies and will be introduced to the range of services and facilities available to you as a NIC student. Orientation is when you will enrol in your courses and receive your personalised timetable. You will also receive your booklist and obtain your Student ID card.
All new students must attend orientation!
Sample Orientation Schedule
- Meet NIC staff and make new friends
- Attend information sessions on how to get settled at NIC
- Meet staff from your Faculty at UON
- Explore the campus on a tour with your mentor
- Brush up on your study skills
- Enrol in your classes
- Activate your NIC Student Portal
- Create your student ID
- Take a library tour
- Get out and explore Newcastle on a group excursion